Managing NIST Compliance More Cost-Effectively
While the standards and guidelines developed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) are critical to protecting information and information systems, managing NIST compliance can be a challenge for organizations already struggling with the requirements of an increasingly complex regulatory environment.
The NIST Cybersecurity Framework provides a set of standards for security controls for information systems at federal agencies. Companies in a wide range of industries must demonstrate NIST compliance as they interact with government agencies. NIST compliance can often help organizations ensure compliance with other regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA and FISMA.
Implementing NIST risk management recommendations and demonstrating NIST compliance can be highly resource-intensive, adding another layer of security burden to IT teams already facing constrained resources and stretched thin by competing priorities. To successfully manage NIST compliance, organizations need solutions that can help to simplify and streamline the tasks of planning, building and running a successful compliance program. That's were Optiv can help.
Achieve NIST Compliance with Optiv
Optiv is the largest comprehensive pure-place cyber security solutions provider in North America. Our experts can help transform your NIST compliance efforts from a security burden to a competitive advantage by leveraging leading practices and business insight. Through hundreds of engagements, we have developed a business-aligned approach to security, risk and compliance that can help you get more from your compliance and NIST security programs.
Our NIST compliance services can help your organization to:
- Accelerate roll-outs and improvements to compliance programs by leveraging our expertise and practical experience.
- Advance NIST compliance and NIST risk assessment efforts by moving from a checklist approach to a truly business-aligned strategy.
- Enhance compliance efforts to better address risk and advance business goals.
Optiv Services for NIST Compliance
To help you manage security within the NIST risk management framework and demonstrate NIST compliance, we offer services for:
- Risk management. We evaluate and document current controls to provide visibility into strengths and weaknesses of current systems.
- Security risk assessment. We identify and quantify risk to help you meet regulatory administrative, physical and technical safeguards.
- Risk controls gap assessments. We identify gaps in current controls and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Security maturity assessment. We benchmark current controls and practices against leading methods and standards.
- Policy assessment and development. We assess the effectiveness of current policies, suggesting changes and additions to align policies with business goals.
- GRC consulting and implantation services. We deploy GRC technology to automate management of GRC programs.
- Third-party risk management consulting. We provide third-party risk management services to minimize exposure from third-party relationships.
- Data-centric risk consulting. We assess organizational risk using a data-centric model to identify and remediate risks.
- Staff augmentation. We provide staff to assist with day-to-day execution and operations of risk and compliance programs.