Subscribe to our Press Releases RSS feed to stay up-to-date on latest news.
Redesigned Corporate Site Features Expanded Content, Easier Navigation, More Videos,
Enhanced ‘6Labs’ Section and Mobility Focus
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — (Aug. 27, 2012) — FishNet Security, the leading information security provider in North America, is proud to introduce its newly redesigned website at www.fishnetsecurity.com. The new website features easier navigation, better graphics, improved search functions, more video integration, an improved event finder and several other enhancements.
“We knew our company needed a first-class website to match our first-class information security solutions,” said Gary Fish, founder and CEO of FishNet Security. “Through the hard work of many talented FishNet Security employees and a world-renowned website design agency, our quest to create a premier website has been achieved. Our digital corporate home is now among the elite websites in the IT security industry.”
Here’s a summary of the major improvements to the site:
• Updated Search Functionalities — Among the biggest changes is the increased use of search options to easily and quickly find the information you’re looking for.
• Increased Use of Video and Graphics — To improve the aesthetics and readability factor of the site, more graphics, videos and white space were inserted. The additional components add more visual interest to the site and help break up the “wall of words” effect that pervades and degrades so many websites today. Although it’s important to provide abundant amounts of content for guests who are seeking a lot of information, the trend in website design is to provide a diverse array of content lengths to address different kinds of visitor needs and make it simple to locate relevant content.
• Featured Partner Section — The new site prominently features one of several FishNet Security partners every month on the homepage. After clicking on the boxed featured partner icon, background information and a large banner further promote the featured partner.
• Federal Section — Working in tandem with the company’s own Federal team, the website designers increased the use of graphics and provided more precise information important to today’s Federal clients and prospects seeking IT security solutions.
• Integrated Content Promotion — The increased cross-promotion of related IT security content better informs and educates guests — and encourages them to stay on the site longer. For example, visitors to the Federal section not only see an improved page design with various graphics but they also see enticing links to our FishNet Security blogs, white papers and other community content located in the company’s community section called “6Labs.”
• Increased Focus on Mobile Users — Studies have shown that mobile devices are increasingly used to access website information. Because of this trend, the new website is designed to enable easy viewing and navigation from mobile devices.
• 6Labs Enhancements — One of the major areas bolstered by the redesign is the aforementioned 6Labs section, which promotes FishNet Security as a major hub of information security thought leadership in a variety of ways. It includes a speakers bureau (new), blogs, speaking engagements, events, a resource library and a summary of our research centers.
Here are some highlights of the website enhancements to 6Labs:
• Speakers Bureau — With this newly inserted section, it’s now easier than ever for website visitors to find a FishNet Security speaker with the expertise, experience, personality and skillset to deliver the right information security content to any audience.
• Improved Blog Section — The Blog section has been updated to help visitors more quickly find relevant articles that address common client security challenges. An improved overall design of the blog section was achieved with the increased use of whitespace and of photos of our top-notch bloggers to bring a personal touch to their postings.
• Integrated Social Media Sharing — With the new design, it’s now much easier to use social media for guests to share corporate blogs and other content. Sharing content via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Yahoo! and other social media is encouraged throughout 6Labs and other sections via the abundant use of icons that link to these social media leaders.
• Improved Event Listings — It’s also now easier for visitors to sort event content by the kind of event, solution or other parameters, such as date, that they’re seeking. Some “event type” examples that can be used with the new sorting tool in the Events section include webinars, sporting events, summits, luncheons and tradeshows.
• Improved Resource Library — The Resource Library includes an improved toolbar to search content by solution, services, industry or type. In addition to white papers and case studies, the “type” category has been expanded to include past webinars, executive briefs, presentations, podcasts and a few additional categories — some of which will be populated as content is developed for the first time in the future.
To create a site with vastly improved functionality and design features, FishNet Security employed the design and technical team at VML, a global award-winning advertising agency based in Kansas City. The global firm already provides digital experiences for some of the most respected and recognized international brands. In 2012, Advertising Age magazine recognized VML as one of the top 10 standout agencies in the U.S. in its Agency A-List program. VML also was ranked as the No. 1 web development firm in the Kansas City area in 2011 by the Kansas City Business Journal. The rankings were based on 2010 revenue from web design and development.
About FishNet Security
FishNet Security is the No. 1 provider of information security solutions that combine technology, services, support and training. Since 1996, the company has enabled clients to manage risk, meet compliance requirements and reduce costs while maximizing security effectiveness and operational efficiency. FishNet Security is committed to information security excellence and has a track record of delivering quality solutions to over 5,000 clients nationwide. For more information about FishNet Security, visit www.fishnetsecurity.com, www.facebook.com/fishnetsecurity and www.twitter.com/fishnetsecurity.